I enrolled for IELTS review for Academic module last May 3, 2018. The program that I enrolled in is intensive good for 2 weeks or 10 days lecture plus coaching, which started last May 7, 2018 from 6-9 PM, from Monday to Friday until May 18, 2018.
The IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration.
IELTS assesses all of our English skills — reading, writing, listening and speaking, and is designed to reflect how we will use English at study, at work, and at play, in our new life abroad.
IELTS is the most widely accepted English language test that uses a one-on-one speaking test to assess our English communication skills. This means that we will be assessed by having a real-life conversation with a real person. This is the most effective and natural way of testing our English conversation skills.
The review center where I applied in is JROOZ located at Adelina street beside España, just a few walking distance away from Carola street where I currently live.
The JROOZ review center gave me two blue books to review and study. The first book is the Book 1 Acad, which is a necessity in the first week of the review. This book covers the pre test questions given during the first few days. Then, the other book is about Book 2 Mock Test Acad, which is important for the mock test during the second week of my intensive review program.
The academic policies of the review center are the following:
- Students must arrive 15 minutes before the start of the PRETEST on Day 1 of review. Students enrolled in the Unlimited Review who abandoned the program have one month to return. After this period, students will have to pay the full amount of the program again. Unlimited Review is valid for one year from first day of attendance.
- ID Forms
- NO ID FORM, NO ENTRY. Only fully paid students will be issued ID forms. Upon the start of the class, the student must submit the ID form to the instructor and must claim it after each review session. Left ID forms can be claimed from the Academic Department within one month only. Those who lost their ID Forms shall pay a replacement fee of P25.00. Gate pass will only be provided once but must be signed by the admitting personnel.
- Coaching Reservations
- Students need to reserve for one-on-one coaching in Speaking and Writing. Students must be aware of the dates time they reserve for. Students are obliged to come 10 minutes before their Speaking and Writing coaching sessions. For the writing coaching, students must prepare their own Task 1 and Task 2 prior to coming to the review center. COPIED written outputs are not allowed.
- Mock tests
- Intensive and Unlimited Review students must bring their Book 2 when attending the Mock Test. No book no mock test. Strictly NO BORROWING of Book 1 & Book 2.
- In order for a student to be endorsed, the following requirements must be met: two (2) consecutive Mock Test results reaching their target IELTS scores, good attendance and a final evaluation by the Academic Department.
- Make up Class Schedules
- For unscheduled/ unforeseen cancellation of classes the instructor will inform the students of the make up class schedule and venue.
- Review Schedule
- Schedule may change without prior notice.
I have read and understood the Academic Policies of the review center. I will abide by its policies and be responsible enough to monitor my schedules and progress, and to bring the required review materials during the entire course of my review.
Signed by me. 🙂
I am taking up IELTS for educational reasons and as a requirement for Japan. I plan to take the June 23 exam for IELTS together with Mariya and Mer, my former workmates at Manilamed. I hope to pass the IELTS exam together with Iya and Mer. So help us God.